We are actively seeking a per diem Hospice Aide for Athens, GA program to cover the weekends.
The Hospice Aide will be responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Meets the training requirements in GA
- Must have GA CNA license.
- Has ability to read and follow written instructions and document electronically in English
- Understands the organization’s philosophy.
- When assigned to hospice patients:
- Is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill and emotional support to the caregivers.
- Is secure with issues of death/dying.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Provides a calm manner when in a patient home.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Is able to function as an effective member of an integrated health care team.
- Has the ability to work in in a wide range of living situations, for example, confined quarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with personal hygiene including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linens as often as assigned.
- Provides nutritional support, feeds patients and prepares snacks as assigned.
- Assists in dressing and undressing patients as assigned
- Takes and records oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
- Provides proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence’s.
- Reports on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assists in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist.
- Offers and assists with bedpans and urinals. Provides assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
- Provides respite for patient/family/caregivers when on-site, as appropriate.
- Keeps patient’s living area clean and orderly as assigned.
- Adheres to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Is respectful of patient/family/caregiver environment and patient’s personal needs.