I am…a patient
Every hospice patient has the right to be informed of his or her rights, and the hospice must protect and exercise these rights.
Compassionate Care hospice complies with federal, State and local requirements in regard of patient rights.
At a minimum, the patient has a right to:
- Effective pain management and symptom control.
- Involvement in developing his or her plan of care.
- Refuse care or treatment.
- Choose his or her attending physician.
- Have a confidential clinical record.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect or verbal, mental, sexual and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source and misappropriation of patient property.
- Receive information about the services covered under the hospice benefit.
- Receive information about the scope of services the hospice will provide and specific limitations to those services.