I am…a nursing facility staff member
HOSPICE/NURSING FACILITY PROGRAM
The coordination of services is an important process to enhance the care and management of the hospice patient.
What You Can Expect…
Communication regarding the provision of care.
- Hospice plan of care.
- Advance directives.
- Physician hospice certification and recertification.
- Hospice medications and physician orders.
- All interdisciplinary notes and assessments.
Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team member responsible for care.
- Names and contact information of hospice personnel.
- Instructions on how to contact hospice on call.
Achieving patient’s optimal pain and symptom control management.
- Specialized comfort care.
- As related to the hospice diagnosis: Medical supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, Medications for pain and symptom management
- If indicated by the hospice plan of care: Continuous care, Short-term hospitalization, Laboratory and diagnostic services, Transportation, Physical/Occupational/Speech therapy
- Family counseling during the illness.
- Bereavement support to family, residents and staff, as needed.