Hospice – WHO PAYS?
Compassionate Care Hospice accepts patients regardless of their ability to pay.
However, the majority of hospice patients are covered under their Medicare Benefit. Medicare Part A covers hospice 100% with no co-pay and no deductible for hospice services.
Included in the hospice benefit are:
- Physicians’ services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment and supplies related to the terminal illness
- Medicines related to the terminal illness
- Short–term inpatient, respite, and continuous care
- Hospice Aide and homemaker services
- Social work, dietary and spiritual counseling
- After hours on-call and telephone triage services
Medicaid: In most states, Medicaid covers hospice care.
Private Insurance: Most insurance plans, issued by employees and the military, as well as many managed care plans, cover hospice.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU
Navigating insurance coverage can be a time consuming process, our intake department will be happy to verify coverage and receive authorization for hospice services.